Screamers, my favorite science-fiction movie because there is everything I like :
- A post-apocalyptic world
- A Cold War style with a nuclear war between the New Economic Bloc (capitalists) and the Alliance (workers)
- A story which takes place on another planet far away from Earth
- Robots, and not the friendly ones
- Weird and charismatic characters
- A pinch of horror with a worrying atmosphere
This movie is a masterpiece for me, this snow desert with these jigsaw-robots hidden under the ground and also these false human robot-killers, it is exactly the type of science-fiction I love !
About the actors, I would thank above all Roy Dupuis (Becker), for his great performance as a psycho-robot.
I know I can’t share with you what I feel when watching this movie, I watched it for the first time at 12, so it is fixed deep in my brain and imagination and I am not at all neutral when I speak about it.
I think it is quite a part of my own imagination : a harsh and cruel world where the danger is everywhere and nearly invisible. If you look at my roleplaying games you will understand what I mean.
In the hope of convincing you to watch this movie, I leave you with this scene of Screamers, one of my favorite, with Becker of course 😉